Tuesday, June 5, 2012

eSchool News Article Views



Before reading the articles in the handout, I thought I was web literate.  However, I realize now how little I actually know and understand about the web. I had no idea that the "~" meant that a webpage was a personal site.  I would have assumed that the site was a part of the northwestern.edu site had the article not indicated otherwise.  I find that the information in the articles will be useful. I agree that it is important to teach students how to research effectively. I believe students need to understand and interpret the things they read on the web and determine if the information is from a credible source.  These articles affect me as a future elementary educator because technology and the web  play an important role in day to day life.  I need to be able teach my students how to be web literate. However, I will have to become more web literate myself.  I also will need to show examples to my future students of how reliable sites may not be the most reliable and credible sources of information, for example, the ear mouse.  I was shocked by all of the information in these articles and surprised at how I am completely web illiterate. I feel that after reading these articles, I still have a great bit of information I need to learn about the web, before I can adequately teach my future students how to become web literate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment